Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another Rain Day in Boston






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-b2lnTDvLg









So I just finished my official day at the Broad Institute. It is like working at a hotel for science:
  • Lab coats are washed every DAY
  • People wash your glassware for you every DAY
  • There is a coffee and espresso machine on EVERY floor
  • Color printing is free and there are over 100 printers in the building and we can use any of them
Everything is disposable and convenient. I can really get used to this.

What I can't get used to is the rain. I came to Boston for an extremely hot summer, filled with heat waves and summer clothes. I have had to bust out the winter coat and gloves because at night (and during the day), the weather has been far less than optimal. I am waiting for the temperature to crack 70 degrees and NOT RAIN!

The dorm are....interesting. I love that it has air conditioning, because it will come in handy when it finally becomes summer here, right now I feel as if I am living in a hospital because my room is around 40 degrees.

Apart from this, the program and my experience has been a dream come true. The students are very nice and social and Boston is BOSTON---THE BEST CITY IN THE CONTINENTAL US!

Because I am starting this blog after my trip to Russia, every post I am going to post new Russia pictures until I run out of nice pics.

Also I recommend this group "Ahmir" from Boston. Their harmonies are killer and they kind of sound like Boyz II Men. Check them out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-b2lnTDvLg

No comments:

Post a Comment