Sunday, October 11, 2009

Boom Boom Pow




1st Week of Oxford (Fresher's Week)

So, I just finished my first week of Oxford, which is also known as Fresher's Week. We had our matriculation dinner, which was Harry Potter-esque. We had to wear commoner's gowns and lighting was sort of dim. Lectures don't begin until Monday, but we had meetings with our tutors and learn all the information we need to start the term. There was also a Fresher's Fair, to join Oxford's many club and societies. I have realized a lot of things about studying abroad in England:

-It has many similarities to studying in the US, except for maybe the increase in tea consumption
-Riding a bike at Oxford can be somewhat lethal
-Studying only occurs in the daytime
-Bathrooms don't have any electrical outlets, except to use shavers!
-They don't know who John Mayer is (which could be a good and bad thing)
-Twilight is a smash hit (which is a very good thing)
-I LOVE IT HERE!!

First 2 weeks in England

These weeks were a blast because I spent most of time in Liverpool with my cousins. I did a LOT of shopping! I think I know every big English brand there is to know. I also ate McDonalds, which was interesting. I love how the Chicken Nugget Meal only goes up to 6 pieces, where in America, it starts at 10 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment